In 2008, the leadership of Ohavi Zedek undertook the ambitious project of understanding where we, as a congregation, see ourselves in the coming years. This project was dubbed “Tikvah 2020,” and resulted in a clearer vision of where we want to be in the year 2020, and how we will get there.
We are excited to report that many of the recommendations from the Tikvah 2020 process have already been implemented. To name just a few:
- We offer a variety of Shabbat services
- We have a strong Adult Education committee
- Our membership is growing
- Our focus on social action has found expression in the wonderful work of the Shalom Shuk and in our providing space for English classes for refugees in our community
- We have a full-time Executive Director and a part-time cantorial position
- All income and expenses (including committee work) are now clearly and transparently part of our operating budget
The Tikvah 2020 process also resulted in the creation of a document which many volunteers have been working to transform into a clear and cohesive strategic plan. This work is now complete and was ratified by the Board of Directors in February, 2013. The full plan is available at the link below for your review. This is envisioned to be a living, working document that will continue to change and evolve. We invite all members of OZ to review both the goals booklet which summarizes the main report and the full document as well. If you have additional ideas, suggestions, or any other comments please submit them to Peter Pelaia.
Tikvah 2020 Goals Booklet: contains a summary of the overarching goals determined by Tikvah 2020.
Tikvah 2020 Full Report: contains all of the original recommendations reorganized into a clear and cohesive strategic plan.