Ohavi Zedek, Burlington’s largest and oldest synagogue and Jewish Center seeks a self-motivated financial and operations coordinator to join our dedicated team. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, people skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a small office environment.
The successful candidate will handle all day-to-day accounting tasks while providing essential support to our business, operational and HR needs. The position reports to our Executive Director.
We offer a positive work environment, solid benefits and the ability to contribute to meaningful work.
Prior knowledge of Jewish practices is not required.
- Accounts Receivable – process and code incoming payments, coordinate invoicing, make cash and check deposits, process donation acknowledgements, work with outside bookkeeping firm
- Accounts Payable – Code and process invoices, expense reports, credit/debit card statements and vendor payments
- Payroll processing
- Respond to member inquiries
- Set up / maintain reports
- Benefits administration
- Office admin, supplies and vendor management
- Grant financial administration
- Manage member accounts and CRM database (Shulcloud)
- Maintain financial controls and compliance; protect confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and information
- Work with Finance Committee and organizational units (clergy, education teams, thrift store, committees) on financial management, budgeting and special projects
- Other duties as reasonably required in our dynamic, team-based organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of AP/AR or general accounting experience
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience with Office 365
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in high-energy, loving yet demanding work environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and work with different software platforms
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Team player, yet with an ability to work independently and take ownership
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Benefits administration experience
- The following are a plus:
- Experience working in a non-profit or religious institution
- Experience with ShulCloud software
- Full time, exempt position
- Work place will be in OZ’s Burlington offices; or optionally remote work with periodic visits for qualified candidate
- Compensation rate is $40,000 to $52,500 annually
- Benefits package include health insurance, 3% retirement contribution, generous paid time off (including Jewish and US holidays) and more
- OZ reserves the right to conduct background checks such as criminal and/or driving record checks for relevant roles.