This page outlines OZ’s current Covid 19 policies and practices developed by OZ’s board, staff and clergy with support of our Covid Task Force. The Task Force is currently made up of community members with medical expertise and OZ’s President Jeff Potash.
Due to currently low COVID-19 levels in Chittenden county as determined by the Vermont Department of Health and the CDC, mask use will now be optional but encouraged during all synagogue events. The only exception to this rule is that mask use will still be required on the bimah except if the person tests negative with a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of being on the bimah.
Our current policies:
- OZ Covid Policies for In-Person events updated 8-29-2022
- Contact and Illness Protocols 9-22-2022
- Covid-19 Contact and Illness Protocols for Students and Staff 10-8-2022
- Employee Vaccination Policy (Published 9/21, Revised 2/28/22)
Our past policies (no longer in effect):
No Longer in effect as of 10/9/22
- OZ Full Circle Preschool COVID 19 Protocols 4-15-2022
No Longer in effect as of 6/20/22
- OZ Covid Policies for In-Person events updated 4/17/22
No longer in effect as of 4/17/22:
- Contact and Illness Protocols 4-6-22
No longer in effect as of 4/11/22:
- Covid Safety Protocols for Indoor Events, Revised 3.16.22
- Updated Contact and Illness Protocols 3.14.22
Activities, Events and Service (Updated 1/28/22, no longer in effect as of 3/16/22)
- Protocols for Full Circle Preschool, Hebrew School, Staff and Volunteers (Updated 1/26/22,, no longer in effect as of 3/16/22)
- OZ Full Circle Preschool Policies (Updated 1/26/22, no longer in effect as of 3/16/22)
We aim to update policies in this central location as conditions change.
Questions about OZ policies, or for the Task Force, may be directed to OZ staff, clergy, volunteer leaders or OZ’s president.