Jewish Journeys: A Place to Explore (6th and 7th Graders)
Meets twice a month, time and dates TBD
Jewish Journeys is an educational alternative to Hebrew School for middle-schoolers who want to explore their connection to Judaism in a smaller, more informal setting.
Through classroom and experiential learning and holiday celebrations students will uncover the stories, the history, the actions, and the questions that guide the emergence of Jewish identity. Themes of the program’s first year include Jewish identity, the history of Jewish immigration, the Jewish-American Experience, Holocaust and Israel. The second year focuses on mitzvah projects, the meaning of prayer, storytelling and the study of texts – Torah, Talmud, and Midrash (biblical commentary and interpretation) – as building blocks toward creating and participating in a b mitzvah.
Learn More / Cost / Registration
- Naomi Barell, OZ’s Youth Education Director welcomes hearing from families interested in Jewish Journey.
- Our goal is for all our Jewish Journey families to be integrated into the OZ community so the program is included within OZ membership, at a cost based on our flexible membership dues model.
- Registration for new and returning families takes place every fall.
- Step for new family registration:
- When you are ready to sign up, fill out the the OZ membership form.
- Within a day or so, you will receive an email with instructions to log into our Shulcloud system to set up your account and membership pledge payment. When you complete this step, you will receive a link to the Hebrew School enrollment form.
- Complete the enrollment form, and get ready for an exciting year!