About Full Circle
OZ Full Circle Preschool is the way Ohavi Zedek cares for and nurtures the youngest in our community. We offer high-quality, holistic care and nurturing for infants through five-year-children in five classrooms. Our program centers on child-led learning and exploration, along with Jewish values of kindness, generosity, and community from the youngest ages. OZ’s Full Circle Preschool is Jewish in content, character, and calendar, while also whole-heartedly welcoming interfaith, non-affiliated, and non-Jewish students and families. Inclusion, warmth, and kindness are the foundation of all we do.
Full Time Teacher Position
We are seeking a preschool teacher to lead a class of 8-9 children ages 3-5 with a full time assistant in our inclusive, play based and child led preschool program. Candidates must have experience working with preschool aged children, preferably in the child care setting. Candidates must have an educational background in education, child development, or a related field.
The main responsibilities of the lead preschool teacher are to demonstrate quality, inclusive teaching practices, maintain the security and safety of the children in their care, and create a positive learning environment that is developmentally appropriate and in alignment with the program’s philosophy and mission. The lead teacher supports the children in their care with ongoing, interest-based projects and activities in alignment with Vermont Early Learning Standards.
- Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development, positive redirection, and preschool educational approaches
- Familiarity with safety and safety awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to act as a mediator between children
- Reliable & Fun!
- Develop an appropriate program for children to meet their needs and develop appropriate learning tools (expectations, methods, times)
- Observe each child to help them improve their social emotional development and problem solving skills
- Develop weekly plans and implement age-appropriate curriculum to nurture, stimulate, and challenge all domains of children’s development in their care
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the classroom environment regularly to promote optimal access and participation and to meet the changing needs and interests of the children.
- Promote positive relationships among peers
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress us Teaching Strategies GOLD and communicate with parents regularly using Brightwheel
- Collaborate with other educators regularly
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Between $40,000-$45,000
- Vacation, sick time, parental leave and holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Health Insurance