- This event has passed.
Spring Trails & Gardens Clean Up & OZ Volunteer Picnic
June 26, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
We’re excited to expand on our annual tradition of getting together for a spring work day. This year’s event will include grounds improvement projects and a picnic and celebration of all OZ volunteers. Community members of all ages are invited!
Spring Trails & Gardens Clean Up & Volunteer Picnic
It’s time for our annual spring gathering! Let’s get together and improve the woods trails, story walk, gardens and outdoor spaces. Please bring rakes, gloves, long pants, etc.
Plus Jeff will lead our kitchen volunteers to provide fresh breakfast baked goods, and a lunch (mac & cheese, bagels & more) for ALL OZ volunteers past and future — not just those doing the clean up.
Please register here!!
Here’s a working list of activities for the clean up day:
Woods/Trails Projects Lead by Jason, Raul & others
- Erika ordered an ‘archway’ and we hope to install it and weave in willow branches, etc. – We could use a big supply of willows or other branches – if anyone has them.
- Mulch / chips spreading on trails (Raul to order load) – please bring a few wheel barrows!
- Dead log & branch removal / bring to back of parking lot
- Some basic trail raking and maintenance
Building / Creating Lead by Erika and others
- Playground- water table construction
- Install our Little Free Library!! (build by Albert!)
- New Story walk (need to get supplies – stakes, etc.- Erika offered to do this)
- We’d like to create an outdoor seating area near the back of the kitchen where staff and others could sit and meet – could be plastic adirondack chairs (Raul has some) or even bistro style chairs / tables. Maybe the area could be cordoned off by rocks or logs – something that looks nice.
Garden Projects Lead by Janice and others
- Make a preschool garden sign
- Weed in garden beds (includes beds in front of building main lobby)
- Plant herbs
- Other garden work
- Fruit tree signs (could be camp / HS – possibly with Hebrew and English words)