This is an evolving space for information, resources, and updates regarding the recent tragic events in Israel.
- Sunday, November 12, 9:15 AM at OZ: ChaiLights: Lecture by Prof Denis Charbit on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Wednesday, October 11, 7:30 PM at OZ: Circle of Comfort & Prayer- At 7:30, following our 7 PM hybrid minyan, we gathered to foster love and share in thoughts, song, and prayer.
- Thursday, October 12, 1 PM on Zoom: “Voices of Israel– Circle of Sharing & Prayer“ with Dr. Danielle Rubin, a teacher in Sderot & community organizer in Netivot, sharing stories from the past four days in Southern Israel. Opening Kavana from Rabbi Sharon Cohen Anisfeld, songs from Rabbi Jessica Kate Meyer & Miléna Kartowski-Aiach, moderated by Myriam Darmoni & Prof. Denis Charbit. OZ Members May View this recording here [member login required].
- Thursday, October 12, 7 PM at UVM’s Davis Center Amphitheater:A vigil for Israel.
- Friday, October 13, 6 PM at OZ: Kabbalat Shabbat with Rabbi Jan and Ruach haMaqom, including a prayer for peace.
- Sunday, October 15, 3 PM in front of City Hall: Rally for Solidarity with the People of Israel. We will join Chabad, UVM Hillel, Temple Sinai, Ruach haMaqom, JCVT, and more.
Educational 3rd Party Resources:
- How to Discuss Anti-Semitism with Youth
- 12 Tips for Talking about Israel in Interfaith Families
- How to Talk to Kids About What’s Happening in Israel Right Now
- Jewish Resources for Coping with Acts of Terror and Violence
- Videos to Help Parents and Kids Talk About Scary Situations
- Helping Children with Tragic Events in the News
- PJ Library on Talking to kids
- Dr. Becky on talking to kids
Places to Donate:
- OZ’s Support. Repair. Recover. Fund.
- The Jewish Agency’s Fund for Victims of Terror: Provides immediate, critical financial assistance to victims of terror and their families, while also following up with long-term overall recovery and rehabilitative support (including psychological counseling, job retraining, and more). Donate here.
- UJA Israel Emergency Fund: Supports critical, lifesaving relief efforts including emergency cash assistance for victims of terror, trauma counseling, care for children in shelters, burial expenses, funds to relocate people to safer areas, and more. Donate here.
- IsraAID’s Emergency Fund: An international NGO with extensive experience coordinating large-scale humanitarian response missions around the world, working with local partners to meet the urgent and long-term needs of affected communities. Donate here.
- Israel Trauma Coalition: A cornerstone in the national treatment of trauma and emergency preparedness in Israel and around the world, providing leadership and resources before, during, and after a crisis. Donate here.
- American Friends of Magen David Adom: Israel’s official representative to the International Red Cross, Magen David Adom’s 33,000 paramedics, EMTS, first responders, and first-aid providers — volunteers and staff — provide essential medical care to the injured and the ill. Donate here.
- A GoFundMe for Families Under Terrorist Attacks
- Times of Israel
- Mosaic Magazine
- Anti Defamation League
- Article from Chief Policy Officer at Israel Policy Forum Michael Koplow
“As Prayers Take Wing” by OZ member Laura Koplewitz
If you’d like to contribute content for this page, please contact us.