Make an impact.
Connect with friends.
Review the following volunteer opportunities, and get in touch if you’d like more information:
- Membership Committee:
- The Membership Committee’s vision is to provide a welcoming atmosphere for new, current and prospective members. Some of our current projects are: new member welcome wine and cheese/Shabbat luncheon; volunteer recognition, the 20’s and 30’s group, a Volunteer Referral Program as well as the Ambassador Program [pairing new with regular member]. Being part of our committee strengthens social, spiritual and educational bonds and opens a world of connection and meaning for you as well as giving support to OZ. Help us care for our community’s well-being – Join the Membership Committee!
- Shabbat Greeter:
- Seeking greeters at Friday Night or Saturday Morning Service.
- OZ’s Kitchen:
- Help prep and set out the Shabbat Kiddush lunch with a great team of kitchen volunteers.
- Help prepare a monthly meal for community members in need.
- Help Andie write thank-you letters or help Sophie update our member records (place calls to members / fill in missing info)
- The Shuk:
- Help organize goods in the building or as a driver making weekly deliveries.
- Book Club:
- Seeking a book club leader
- Social Justice:
- Help our Social Justice team with their next program
- Gardens & Trails:
- Help our garden team maintain food gardens this fall
- Join a team working on inclusion practices
- Help write content for OZ’s website. Learn about and tell the stories of Burlington’s Jewish Community history, OZ’s Social Justice programs, and more
- Fundraiser / Grant Writing:
- Work on new programs to raise funds for OZ programs
- Social Media:
- Help OZ produce a certain type of monthly social media content
- Tech Team:
- Seeking help with our Zoom and Audio Visual Team
- Archives/ Lost Mural Project:
- Help preserve OZ’s history