- This event has passed.
Northern Nosh Jewish Food Festival
November 13, 2022 @ 11:45 am - 3:45 pm
View the 2023 Nosh info here!
The Northern Nosh is a collaborative project of Jewish organizations and individuals to share and celebrate Jewish food and culture. The festival is an intergenerational and family-friendly event.
Our inaugural Northern Nosh festival takes place on Sunday, November 13, 2022 from 11:45 am until 3:45 pm at Ohavi Zedek Synagogue (188 N Prospect St. Burlington, VT). It will include a variety of Jewish foods lovingly made by our community members and professionals. Food vouchers will be sold for a reasonable price on site and discounted advanced tickets will be available online.
ENJOY DELICIOUS FOOD!
- Buy food tickets to sample a wide variety of Jewish foods
- We aim to offer favorites such as rugelach, matzo ball soup, bourekas, blintzes, sweet or savory kugel, beautifully braided challah, spicy shakshuka, crisp latkes, jelly filled sufganiyot (donuts) and more!
- Take part in a bagel tasting challenge!
- Food at this event will be kosher.
- Early Childhood Jewish Music Educator and Grammy-Award-winning singer-songwriter Joanie Leeds
- Vermont singer and songwriter Jon Gailmor will host a group songwriting program
- Plus Local Musicians
- Art and other activities
- Anna Sobel‘s Talking Hands Theatre Puppet Show “The Mystery of Hanukkah Harry”
SHARE A NOSH
- Please bring a canned or dry food item to be donated to the food shelf
- 10:30 am – Food Talk with Grace Oedel 10:30 – 11:30 am (“pre-event” activity)
- 11:45 am – Food Festival Begins!
- 12;00 pm Puppet Show by Anna Sobel’s Talking Hands Theatre
- 12:45 pm – Joanie Leeds Concert
- 2:00 pm – Jon Gailmor Concert and song-writing workshop for all ages
- Noon to 3:00 pm Lost Mural Project Tours in the OZ lobby – on the half hour (groups of 20)
- All Day: Kids Arts & Crafts
- Beth Jacob Synagogue
- Chabad Burlington
- Hillel at UVM
- Jewish Communities of Greater Stowe
- Living Tree Alliance
- Ohavi Zedek Synagogue
- Ruach haMaqom
- Temple Sinai
Significant funding for this event was provided by:
- Harold Grinspoon Foundation
- Jewish Communities of Vermont
- The Covenant Foundation
Participating Organizations: Beth Jacob Synagogue, Chabad Burlington, Hillel at UVM, Jewish Communities of Greater Stowe, Living Tree Alliance, Lost Mural Project, Ohavi Zedek Synagogue, Ruach haMaqom, Temple Sinai, Hadassah
Significant funding for this event was provided by Jewish Communities of Vermont, Harold Grinspoon Foundation, The Covenant Foundation