Ohavi Zedek Synagogue is seeking a dedicated, people-oriented and flexible full time facility manager for our Old North End Burlington campus. Our 1950s building includes ritual and social spaces, classrooms, restrooms and large kitchen, a large wooded lot, a separate thrift store building and a single-family residence. A typical work week includes working 3 weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays. This role is being filled as our current facilities manager prepares to retire after 40 years at OZ!
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and security of our facilities.
- Handyman and custodial work
- Maintain supplies/reordering
- Perform and oversee routine, seasonal and annual maintenance and make repairs as needed. Includes electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, security systems, HVAC
- Grounds work, including lawn/tree/bush maintenance and winter sidewalk clearance
- Point of contact for all maintenance issues
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Budget and expense management with supervisor and board members
- Written and face to face communication with staff and volunteers
- Events and holiday setup/take down/cleanup including Friday and Saturday religious services
- Supervise and manage part time staff and vendors
- Support building and AV technology
- Interact with community members ages 0 to 106
- Contribute to positive organization culture and be a member of our OZ Community!
- Other duties as required
- Working knowledge of facilities maintenance including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, energy efficiencies, roofing systems and grounds keeping.
- Five years of general experience in the building trades or ten years’ experience in the buildings trade managing building maintenance
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Previous leadership and financial management experience is also beneficial
- Electrical, HVAC or plumbing license is a plus
The facilities manager will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the House Committee and Board President.
The salary range is $45,000 – $65,000 per year. Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position requiring weekend work. Heavier workload in the fall, lighter in the summer.
Benefits include vacation, sick time and holidays, health insurance, short term disability and retirement.
No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply if you feel that most of the above qualifications reflect your experience and expertise.